You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-15 12:48:46

Veske

Issue with GDM on multi-monitor setup

I have an computer with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz CPU wich uses multiple monitors. The desktop environment that I am running is Gnome so GDM is also included.

During regular workflow there are no big issues, I am running Gnome desktop with Wayland, so only issue is that Flash seems to crash my browser sometimes. Thing is once I lock my computer, the screens will turn on the standby mode at some point so they will go blank and one needs to move mouse or press keyboard to get the monitors light up again and see the GDM login dialog. But once a day or so the screen will not light up. The computer is running but no matter if I move the mouse or press keys or try to go to TTY 3 - TTY 7, nothing happens,  just black blank screen.

The only way to recover is to make a hard-reset. After that I check dmesg and journalctl -p 3 and none of them show that anything bad would have happened. This makes me think that there is maybe some issue with GDM, because I never get this during work on Gnome desktop. But I am not sure how to go with debugging this.

Board footer