You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-17 04:28:39

pikaren

Can't Increase Trackpoint Speed of ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

Is there any way I can increase the trackpoint speed of "Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard with TrackPoint"?

Setting the "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" property to < 0.2 with xinput kind of did the trick, but for me it also killed the preciseness and smoothness of the cursor.

I tried to look for something similar to built-in keyboard's trackpoint speed config file /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/speed

However, in my USB keyboard's device directory /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.1/0003:17EF:6047.0002 I found only these:
country  fn_lock  input  power  sensitivity  uevent   driver   hidraw   modalias  report_descriptor  subsystem

I also gave tpkbdctl -S a shot but it didn't seem to have any effect.

My kernel version is 4.8.8-1-ARCH

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by pikaren (2016-11-18 02:36:01)

#2 2016-11-19 16:40:55

pigiron

Re: Can't Increase Trackpoint Speed of ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

I have a couple of USB keyboards similar to yours and was able to get the trackpoint behavior to my liking by playing with the Acceleration Profile. It's called "Device Accel Profile" in the xinput properties for my keyboard and briefly described in the POINTER ACCELERATION section of the xorg.conf man page.

The struggle I had when I was on a quest similar to yours so many moons ago, was that the input ID could change since it's a USB device. So I created a udev rule and modified the xorg.conf file as a solution. If you dig around in the udev files, you'll see that they currently play around with this stuff for Thinkpads (e.g. /usr/lib/udev/hwdb.d/70-pointingstick.hwdb).

Board footer