You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-23 09:59:18

step

GPU Radeon "!!! Unknown header type 7f"

I have one problem with my GPU Radeon, i post the output of:
lspci -v | less

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Thames [Radeon HD 7550M/7570M/7650M] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
        !!! Unknown header type 7f
        Kernel driver in use: radeon
        Kernel modules: radeon

In thermal monitor GPU results off, I think the problems are connected.

#2 2016-11-23 10:02:36

olive

Re: GPU Radeon "!!! Unknown header type 7f"

What is your problem? Does you card work? Does it has problems? Or is the warning in the lscpi output the only issue?

#3 2016-11-23 10:15:28

step

olive wrote:

What is your problem? Does you card work? Does it has problems? Or is the warning in the lscpi output the only issue?

Excuse I explained badly, the problem is that the card don't work, don't turn on; i looking it by thermalmonitor that tell me that radeon card it's off. I don't remember what is the command to actually see if the card is on or off, but i can look it by thermal monitor.

#4 2016-11-23 10:23:49

olive

Please be very clear. What do you mean by "the card don't turn on"? Obviously you are seeing something on your screen even if it is text only (unless you have somehow successes to install without seeing anything and enable an ssh server to connect remotely, but I don't think so). So your card indeed "turns on". So please be very specific about what does not work.

If it is the graphic mode that don't work, you should post the content of /var/log/Xorg.0.log (be sure to try X not wayland, which is new and different).

Last edited by olive (2016-11-23 10:24:15)

#5 2016-11-23 10:45:12

step

olive wrote:

Please be very clear. What do you mean by "the card don't turn on"? Obviously you are seeing something on your screen even if it is text only (unless you have somehow successes to install without seeing anything and enable an ssh server to connect remotely, but I don't think so). So your card indeed "turns on". So please be very specific about what does not work.

If it is the graphic mode that don't work, you should post the content of /var/log/Xorg.0.log (be sure to try X not wayland, which is new and different).

Nono I have no problem of this type not How I have the intel graphics running around, my problem is soloist in Figure out why the Radeon is off.

lspci -v | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Thames [Radeon HD 7550M/7570M/7650M] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)

My purpose is only to make operating the video card

#6 2016-11-23 11:08:16

olive

I have no solution for your problem, but it is unlikely you will have a useful answer unless you can explain yourself more clearly. What is your configuration? Do you have two graphic cards with two different physical connections with one of the cards that don't work at all? (I mean do you have a VGA/HDMI/... that don't output anything).

Or do you have a single physical connection but two graphics cards as it usual on some laptop? You say that the Radeon card "don't turn on", but what do you expect when it "turns on"? How do you know that your Radeon card "doesn't turn on"? What have you tried to turn it on?

So for the last time, explain what your hardware is in details. Then describe the symptom you see (I mean what you really see, you don't see that the card does not turn on, you see something that you interpret as meaning that your card doesn't turn on (for example having a totally black screen).

Last edited by olive (2016-11-23 11:09:33)

Board footer