You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-31 10:26:08

PJ

chroot broken? [solved]

I am not sure if this is something that I have done or if this is something that have happened after a pacman -Suy . One guess is that this happened after an update of the system since it doesn't work on my user-mode linux ether and that system was created recently (5 hours ago) through bootstraping. Problem is that I don't know if chroot can work inside UML and if it can't then it seems more likely that I personally have somehow broken chroot.

My question is if there are others that have problems with chroot, because it seems a bit stupid to fill a bug report if this problem only exist on my system. 

# chroot /mnt /bin/bash
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

<edit>
I forgot to mention that I do have bash and it is in /bin
</edit>

#2 2006-05-31 11:10:29

LB06

Re: chroot broken? [solved]

Do you have /mnt/bin/bash?

#3 2006-05-31 11:39:57

PJ

Re: chroot broken? [solved]

LB06 wrote:

Do you have /mnt/bin/bash?

Doesn't entirely solve the problem, but it's in the right direction. I had to add some more files and I don't know which where needed since I solved it with  mount --bind . But somehow I remeber doing a chroot in the past without having /whereever/bin/bash . If I remeber correctly I could chroot into an empty directory, not much to do there but at least it was possible. But this could be something that I am remebering incorrectly. At least the problem is solved and thanks for the help.

<edit>
I had to check some old manuals and it didn't contain a chroot into an empty directory. I guess my memories are playing with me. tongue
At least the problem is solved, thanks again. I am going to mark this thread as solved. smile
</edit>

Board footer