You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-05 21:54:56

Mathuin

Asus UX303LB hangs randomly

Hello,

I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LB with an i7-5500U. I only use the Intel HD500 integrated graphics (not the NVidia GTX940M which isn't recognized anyway).
This summer, I've noticed that after some time, my laptop goes completely unresponsive: the screen doesn't update, the mouse doesn't move, I can't switch to a TTY, etc etc.
The only thing I can do is reboot manually.

And when I reboot, sometimes it freezes again a few minutes later. I'd think that it's a temperature issue, but no: the temperature sensor doesn't go above 45 degrees Celsius.

I think that I've never had that when there's no web browser open (be it firefox or chromium). Switching from firefox to chromium didn't solve the issue, and neither did disabling hardware acceleration in the browser.

I've tried blacklisting `nouveau` according to what I've been told on IRC, to no avail. Then, after reading the Intel graphics wiki page, here's what I tried:

* `Option "DRI" "False"`: Doesn't change anything
* `Option "NoAccel" "True": black screen when starting X

Here are the journalctl logs for today. Almost every reboot was caused by a freeze. So far, the only thing that I noticed is that

ACPI: NMI not connected to LINT 1!

stuff.
Here's the dmesg since last reboot.

For the kernel & driver versions:

linux 4.8.11-1
xf86-video-intel 1:2.99.917+736+gbde9460-1

Thanks for your help

Board footer