You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-06 14:05:15

daggett

Where is documentation to explain GRUB 2.0 configuration?

The Arch Linux ISO (which I downloaded and attempted to install possibly 5 weeks ago, now), from my recollection, required the end user to do his/her own configuration of GRUB 2.0.

If my recollection is correct, can someone advise me where I could find GRUB 2.0 documentation within the Arch Linux documentation?

I simply need to install Arch Linux on a disk on which Ubuntu Linux version 16.0.4.1 LTS has already been installed for me, so that I can boot up to either Linux distribution.. (The Ubuntu Linux installation is currently problematic.)

Unfortunately, the documentation that comes with GRUB 2.0 seems far more detailed and complex than what I should require to perform such a straightforward task. If the information I need is there, I couldn't find it.

So, possibly the Arch Linux GRUB 2.0 documentation, if it exists,  will give me the information I need in a more straightforward way.

#2 2016-12-06 14:08:55

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Re: Where is documentation to explain GRUB 2.0 configuration?

Welcome to Arch.

Of course the wiki has grub documentation. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB

If you have not yet installed Arch, be sure to use the Installation Guide and not some random third-party youtube video or blog.

If you are dual-booting with Ubuntu and want to continue to use Ubuntu's grub config, all you have to do is add an entry for Arch to the Ubuntu grub config. See the Dual Booting section in the wiki grub entry.

Please also familiarize yourself with the wiki -- there is a lot of good information there.

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2016-12-06 14:13:21)

Board footer