You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-08 06:47:02

sayonalion

urxvt | forbid scrolling when a console app is running

Hi.

When a console application is running and the viewing buffer contains some text, sending the scrolling control sequences (Shift-PgUp/PgDown by default) results the application window is scrolling as a part of the viewing buffer.

Here's a video which demonstrates the issue.

On the video I firstly populate the viewing buffer with some text, then run a console application (vim, tmux etc.) and then scroll the buffer by pressing the corresponding keys. As you can see the buffer can freely move up and down together with an application window.

Is this behavior intentional? Why does it exist? Is there any way to forbid the viewing buffer from scrolling when a console application is running? Is it possible to temporary free the keys which is used for scrolling in order to utilize them in the application itself?

Thanks.

#2 2016-12-08 13:21:30

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: urxvt | forbid scrolling when a console app is running

It sounds like you've set this option.

Can you post your Xresources/Xdefaults?

EDIT: sorry, I actually do get the same behavior you describe.  I just hadn't noticed as I always run tmux as the first thing in urxvt anyways and this doesn't happen within tmux.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-12-11 12:13:46

teateawhy
Website

Re: urxvt | forbid scrolling when a console app is running

This doesn't happen in gvim or gnome-alsamixer ;-)

Board footer