You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-13 00:12:17

arewaolakunle

grub-install: No such file or directory

I was installing arch on an HP system and after downloading and installing must packages except grub I exited arch-chroot and reboot.
Basically I did not install grub and os-prober, neither did I create a grub-config. After I discovered this I boot again into my live cd to install
grub. First it was

grub2....xi686 does not have a valid architecture

And same for os-prober

So I updated the repos and tried again, this time it worked, downloading the x86_64 version
Not that

$ uname -a
Linux archiso 4.4.1-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 3 13:12:33 UTC 2016 x86_64 GNU/LInux

I can post details about grub as the system has no GUI yet but I can confirm through

pacman -Qi

that it's the 64 bit version.

I know from exploration of stack overflow and this forum that this is somehow linked to the 32 bit 64 bit issue,
(of which I have enabled multilib to see if anything happens)..

Thanks in advance

#2 2016-12-13 22:53:44

ewaller
Administrator

Re: grub-install: No such file or directory

Is that the kernel of the install disk?  It is rather old.  Any reason not to use a newer install media?
When you rebooted your install media, you did set up and reenter the chroot environment, right?
Sorry, just making sure everyone is reading from the same sheet of music.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-12-14 15:29:12

arewaolakunle

Re: grub-install: No such file or directory

No it's the kernel installed by pacstrap(surprisingly). And yes I made sure I remounted the partition and chroot into it before running pacman again.
For now I recreated the partition and reinstalled every thing. It all works now. But I don't know if I mark this thread as solved(which I don't even know how to do)
since I cannot provide reliable reply anymore?

Board footer