You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-03 00:59:16

slackhack

crapromedia flash a/v sync issues

i've started noticing that the a/v is out of sync in a lot of flash content in linux. i've tried multiple browsers (firefox, opera, konqeror) on 2 distros (arch and slack) on 2 different computers, and it's always the same lag. to make sure it wasn't my hardware, i booted my laptop into XP, and *no lag.* i'm assuming it's a flash issue, but it might be a misconfiguration.

if anyone wants to test and report back/compare, that might be useful. here's a  couple of youtube videos that have a lag for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBtCscc- … ch=burrell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3WwHSv … %20burrell

at first i thought it could be a bad X configuration, but it's the -audio- that's lagging behind the -video.- in windows they're fine, and not all videos have a lag, which i find kind of strange. why would some videos work right in BOTH linux and windows, and some work right only in windows? could it be a network issue, as it seems that it's mostly music videos that have the problem, i.e., denser content? are all my linux browsers simply misconfigured? or does flash for linux just totally suck? tongue

#2 2006-06-03 01:15:28

Gullible Jones

Re: crapromedia flash a/v sync issues

You just answered it, Flash for Linux totally sucks.

#3 2006-06-03 01:41:35

slackhack

i thought that must be it. roll

i checked the macromedia site, and the devs are saying that they're going to jump from 7 to 9 -- and 9 won't be ready until 2007. i guess between now and then all the linux users are just supposed to boot into windows for the increasing number of sites that require 8. roll

mac users get one, though. aren't there more linux users than mac users by now??

#4 2006-06-03 03:19:30

test1000

flash in wine works great. i always use that if i'm going to newgrounds or something... ie, ff and opera work in wine aswell.

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#5 2006-06-03 03:19:56

test1000

and gnash works on some content

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#6 2006-06-03 05:17:15

slackhack

through wine -- great idea. will check out gnash, looks very promising. thanks to all.

Board footer