You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-19 11:19:54

kalle

kde akonadi mail dispatcher problems after recent update

Hi,

the update to most of the plasma applications made about three days ago (from an always up to date system) brought some email chaos to me with frequent crashes of the akonadi server, slow loading of email, no contacst shown stored in an vcf folder etc.

Could resolve almost all issuse by just deleting all akonadi files and folders in ~/.config and ~/.local/share, as well as deleting the kde4 folder. In addition I deleted all kmail/kontact related files and folders.

However, what remains is that akonadi is sending emails only after a server restart. That is, kontact has already been running for several hours, you are writing an email, and it's not being sent. Examining akonadiconsole revealed that the Mail Dispatcher Agent is stuck reporting "Sending message (1 item in queue) (0%)".

Any idea how to proceed from here.

Thanks a lot.

Kalle

Last edited by kalle (2016-12-19 11:20:39)

#2 2016-12-20 21:14:13

philou2424

Re: kde akonadi mail dispatcher problems after recent update

Hello,

I have the same problems...

An idea ?

Thanks

(brief message because my english is very poor...)

#3 2016-12-20 22:35:00

kalle

Hi,

Problem disappeard.

By chance I found that one sending account, communicating with port 465/ssl of one smtp server, worked well. The other, using port 587/tls of another smtp server, caused trouble. I changed that to 25/tls. Then it worked. Now having switch back again to 587/tls works as well, so in the end no idea. So it might have been the smtp server and not akonadi, because the only difference between both the servers is that the one causing trouble is microsoft exchange.

#4 2016-12-27 09:53:45

nenjordi

Hi,

same problem for me,
also migration, mail archive and notes agent are off line.

Akonadi console says:

The name org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_maildispatcher_agent was not provided by any .service files

Thanks

#5 2016-12-29 22:36:26

nenjordi

Solved for me with:

#!/bin/bash

akonadictl stop
mv ~/.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_migration_agent_changes.dat ~/.config/akonadi/ERASEME_100cpu_agent_config_akonadi_migration_agent_changes.dat
mv ~/.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_maildispatcher_agent_changes.dat ~/.config/akonadi/ERASEME_agent_config_akonadi_maildispatcher_agent_changes.dat
mv ~/.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_notes_agent_changes.dat ~/.config/akonadi/ERASEME_agent_config_akonadi_notes_agent_changes.dat
mv ~/.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_archivemail_agent_changes.dat ~/.config/akonadi/ERASEME_agent_config_akonadi_archivemail_agent_changes.dat
akonadictl start

As suggested in:
https://www.mail-archive.com/kde-bugs-d … 02405.html

Board footer