You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-20 14:58:04

logol

tty wrong resolution / KMS issues when using EFISTUB

Hey,

when I'm booting my Laptop (Acer TravelMate P253) with EFISTUB (+ systemd-boot or syslinux) I have some issues with the screen resolution of an external monitor attached via HDMI or VGA.
It seems that Arch is not able to get the right EDID information and so the tty has a wrong resolution. Since I'm using sway with wayland there is no real way to fix this inside the window manager... (similar to the problems reported here and here).

I tried Forcing modes and EDID but then the internal LVDS of the Laptop stops working inside sway... forcing with video= as Kernel option also did not help.. get-edid from the read-edid package also fails with "The EDID data should not be trusted as the VBE call failed"

The strange thing is that when I'm using Legacy BIOS + syslinux everything works normally .. Is syslinux probing EDID somehow in BIOS mode? The modes in /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/modes are exactly the same no matter if booting with EFI or BIOS.

I attached some logs... if anybody has an idea how to solve this I would be really appreciated.

dmesg (efi)
get-edid (efi)

dmesg (bios)
get-edid (bios)

Board footer