You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-21 22:27:48

larsd

Hibernate fails unless the machine has been supended since reboot

Hey,

I am beseeching you with a strange problem I experience with my current Arch machine (a Dell Latitude E6410). It is not much of an arch-specific issue, I suppose.
At some point, hibernation stopped working for me on my arch-linux machine. It fails with a LED-error code "Modem Fault", with a list of possible ways of resolution:
"
    Reseat the modem.
    Replace the modem.
    Replace the motherboard / system board.
"
In first place I didn't do anything about the problem but also considered a swap-partition-failure as a possible problem.
Few weeks later, my harddisk broke due to a slight physical shock of my laptop. So I upgraded to an SSD and reinstalled Arch with lvm-encryption of root, home and swap partition. However, hibernate still didn't seem to work (and not because of encryption).

I was already about to order a new Audio-Ethernet-USB-Modem-Board but then I discovered today that hibernation still works fine, if (and only if) my machine has been suspended since the last reboot.

As I would like to use hibernation occasionally, I would like to know how to make it work in a reliable way.
Do you think I can make hibernation work in all cases without changing the Modem?

Best,
Lars

Board footer