You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-22 18:13:44

alfmel

Lid close won't suspend on HP Stream 15

I just got an HP Stream 15 (blue, cheap model). I have KDE running on it and everything is working well except for suspending when the lid is closed. Everything is configured properly, as far as I can tell. Running journalctl -f while closing and opening the lid shows the following:

Dec 22 10:59:13 blubarah kernel: atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0xd8 on isa0060/serio0).
Dec 22 10:59:13 blubarah kernel: atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e058 <keycode>' to make it known.
Dec 22 10:59:13 blubarah kernel: atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xd8 on isa0060/serio0).
Dec 22 10:59:13 blubarah kernel: atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e058 <keycode>' to make it known.

I wrote a quick little script to print the lid status from /proc to see if ACPI was detecting the lid close/open event:

for i in `seq 1 10`; do cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state ; sleep 1; done

The results were interesting. When I closed the lid proc reported the lid was closed and the laptop suspended. When I opened it back up the system woke up and proc reported the lid was open. I closed the lid again but the system didn't suspend. I ran my script and closed the lid and the system suspended, just as it should. So it appears that if the ACPI is probed and the lid is closed the event gets triggered.

Any idea on how to solve this problem, other than constantly running cat on the lid state?

Board footer