You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-30 09:10:44

beachcoder

T460p occasional problems relating external keyboard and kernel hangup

Hello,

I'm having two strange and not really reproducable problem with my T460p laptop, configured with secure boot. I first thought to open two topics but I think its better to handle both problems here. The problems seems to only exists when the laptop is attached to the docking station. I don't think anyone can help, but its better to report it here and maybe find out more where the problem is.

- The first problem relates to the attached keyboard, which is an IBM Model M keyboard, attached via a PS/2 to USB-adapter. This keyboard is sometimes not recognized at boot. The status lights Numlock, Roll and CapsLock are all turned on when this state is reached. There is no way to get the keyboard run even after a complete successful boot (with entering the luks password during boot). The only way to get it back to work again is entirely shutdown the system and restart.
- The second problem is a different one: Sometimes, after unlocking the encrypted SSD, the screen blacks and that's all - the only way to restart is long-pressing the power-button. The problem happens only occasionally, next boot runs well.

It really stresses me sometimes that I need to reboot the system 4 to 5 times until none of these bugs appear and it boots normally. When booting without docking station and attached keyboard, I did not recognize these problems yet.

This is a dmesg dump from my system after a successfull boot: https://gist.github.com/phorward/fc26a4 … 965348af6c

Is there a way to find out what happens, maybe in the logs?

Board footer