You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-05 15:00:32

UTMonkey

[SOLVED] arch-chroot behind a proxy

Hi,

Hope you can help, I have built a number of Arch boxes as part of a hobby, but this is the first time I have tried to do an installation of a box behind a proxy.

I have followed the Arch wiki's instructions regarding a new installation with the exception that I have set the relevant proxy variables (via export).

All starts to go well, the pacstrap command applies all the packages to the mounted drive. The difficulty occurs when I perform a pacman -syu within the arch-chroot environment I get the following error.

"Error: failed retrieving file [..] : the requested URL returned error 407"

407 tells me that the proxy requires authentication - which is correct but I have the proxy variables set the same way I had when I performed the pacstrap command.

Does Arch-Chroot look somewhere else for the proxy settings?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by UTMonkey (2017-01-06 15:47:18)

#2 2017-01-05 15:05:02

Slithery
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] arch-chroot behind a proxy

Not a fix, just a workaround.

There's no need to be running pacman to install packages when you're in the chroot, just install them as part of the earlier pacstrap command which is working.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2017-01-05 16:48:12

teateawhy
Website

As a workaround you can install packages directly to /mnt with:

pacman -r /mnt --cachedir=/mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg -S package

I'm not sure, but if you want to use the chroot way, maybe you have to set environment variables again within the chroot.

#4 2017-01-05 16:53:39

UTMonkey

Thanks for getting back to me and yes, when I added the pacman stuff to the pacstrap it all worked and I ended up with a working build.

I have had another issue crop out, but will investigate further and raise on the forum if I don't have any joy.

Thanks again

Last edited by UTMonkey (2017-01-06 13:48:06)

Board footer