You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-06 05:52:43

CaptainKenway

Trying to install snowboydecoder, issue with python make

I had some issues with symlinks (I think), when I ran it I would get this issue:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lf77blas
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack_atlas
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -latlas

I read around and found a package I thought was needed to make the build. it worked for the most part, save for one issue: it's still giving the issue with -llapack_atlas, what should I do?

#2 2017-01-06 06:37:44

ayekat

Re: Trying to install snowboydecoder, issue with python make

Hi - please post the command you ran and its full output, using code tags

like this

pkgshackscfgblag

#3 2017-01-07 21:25:05

CaptainKenway

this is the output for the command make, I also tried sudo make, make -i and make -k which gave more or less the same response.

g++ -I../../ -O3 -fPIC -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 -std=c++0x  -shared snowboy-detect-swig.o \
../..//lib/ubuntu64/libsnowboy-detect.a  -L/usr/lib -lpython3.5m -lpthread -ldl  -lutil -lm  -Xlinker -export-dynamic -lm -ldl -lf77blas -lcblas -llapack_atlas -latlas -o _snowboydetect.so
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:50: _snowboydetect.so] Error 1

here's a link to the python makefile
https://github.com/Kitt-AI/snowboy/blob … n/Makefile

#4 2017-01-07 22:35:42

ayekat

snowboy/Makefile wrote:
  # Make sure you have Atlas installed. You can statically link Atlas if you
  # would like to be able to move the library to a machine without Atlas.
  LDLIBS := -lm -ldl -lf77blas -lcblas -llapack_atlas -latlas

Have you installed the Atlas libraries? I assume that the atlas-cpp package in the AUR provides them (but I haven't check myself, honestly)

--edit--
Excuse me, it seems that package I've linked to is unrelated to this.

Last edited by ayekat (2017-01-08 14:19:11)

pkgshackscfgblag

#5 2017-01-07 22:54:59

CaptainKenway

Well it was talking about a package libatlas-base-dev in ubunutu, which the closest thing in arch was the atlas-lapack  in the aur, which fixed all but one of the links. I think I'm just going to static link the last library, as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Last edited by CaptainKenway (2017-01-07 22:57:06)

#6 2017-01-07 23:01:57

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Static linking will not help - in contrast it will make the problem much worse.

If you tell us what lib is missing, we might be able to help, but you haven't actually provided the full output as requested.  You posted an example showing a problem of missing dependencies.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#7 2017-01-08 02:54:01

CaptainKenway

I might be confused as to what you are asking for... That was the output for the make command from inside swig/Python. I only mentioned that i tried sudo make with the same output. Same with make -k except for one extra line...

make: Target 'all' not remade because of errors 

#8 2017-01-08 12:01:03

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

You haven't shown the full output.  That's what was asked for.  Installing the needed dependency got rid of the only error message that you've actually shown us.  You say there are other similar error messages, but you've (again) not shown us the error or even suggested which lib is missing.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#9 2017-01-09 01:58:43

CaptainKenway

fresh from my my archlinux template:

archlinux% make          
g++ -I../../ -O3 -fPIC -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 -std=c++0x  -shared snowboy-detect-swig.o \
../..//lib/ubuntu64/libsnowboy-detect.a  -L/usr/lib -lpython3.6m -lpthread -ldl  -lutil -lm  -Xlinker -export-dynamic -lm -ldl -lf77blas -lcblas -llapack_atlas -latlas -o _snowboydetect.so
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:50: _snowboydetect.so] Error 1

That wasn't an example. Originally I was getting 3 dependency errors before I installed atlas-lapack (-llapack_atlas, -lf77blas, and -latlas). Since I installed it, I'm only getting one, the one listed above. sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't have Internet access.

#10 2017-01-09 03:00:28

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Sorry, I thought the output you were showing was from before you installed the deps.  Looking at the ubuntu package with that lib suggests that it is just ATLAS.  For some reason they seem to have renamed the so files.  You could either list the libs in the atlas-lapack AUR package to see if any good suspects jump out, or you could download and extract the ubuntu package and check out that lib and compare it to those in the atlas_lapack AUR package.

In either case, you'll need to patch the Makefile to refer to the proper lib.

EDIT: lapack_atlas.so is created by a debian-specific patch to the upstream makefile, so that makefile will not work on any non debian system.  The AUR package does provide lapack.so - I can't be 100% sure but that should be the same library (it is lapack functions built on atlas).  I'd try changing the -llapack_atlas to just -llapack.  If that fails, you'll need to get the debian package.

#11 2017-01-09 05:45:52

CaptainKenway

that generated the _snowboydect.so file. Thank you for the help

Board footer