You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-08 00:01:13

nhasian

Help fix suspend/resume on my MSI GT72 laptop

the MSI GT72 MSI laptop is an Intel skylake laptop. it has the latest bios, and it is using an Nvidia 980m GPU. (not optimus, just straight nvidia using the proprietary nvidia drivers). for some reason the system does not come back on after suspending.

I have read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Po … interfaces and I have added the resume hook to initramfs (and rebuilt the kernel) I've also specified the swap partition with the resume=UUID kernel parameter in /boot/loader/entries/arch.conf
However I think these are only necessary for hibernation to disk, not suspend to memory. Either way it's still not working.

To take gnome out of the equation, I've tried suspending and resuming directly from the command line without any desktop environment running. I issue the command rtcwake –m mem –s 30 and after 30 seconds power is restored to the laptop, the keyboard lights up, but no display. Also I am unable to SSH into the laptop which leads me to believe that it is not simply a graphical issue. Where do I go from here?

Quick notes: while I have 24GB of memory, i have only created an 8GB swap partition (btrfs does not support swap files). again I don't believe this is related as I'm trying to suspend to ram.

MSI MEG Z390 ACE Motherboard, Intel Core i7-9700K, MSI GeForce RTX 2080

Board footer