You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-10 15:05:39

2Pug

[SOLVED] VNC screen not refreshing

I've been fighting this issue for awhile and am stumped at the moment as to why it's happening. I have a Qt application that won't repaint itself over VNC and stays on the screen of that when it was first connected. My older Arch system works just fine. Currently I'm using x11vnc but it also appears using tigervnc. Remote X11 works fine. This issue appears when the Qt application if fullscreen, but if I make it smaller in the window manager, it works fine. I also see the same issue using xterm - you will type in some text but backspace will not take away any of text though it will update if you move the window. This is only happening on the client side; the server's display is working fine and reacts to client input as it should and updates itself fine.

This is happening on both my Windows and Linux clients using different vnc viewers as well, so it appears to be a server side issue. Currently I'm using ssvnc as my viewer and I'm passing the following commands to ssh.

PORT= x11vnc -noxdamage -display :0 -localhost -rfbauth .vnc/pwd

Not sure what is going on.

FIX:

I found out this happens due to the intel video driver using DRI 3. I added the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf file with the option for DRI 2 and now everything works fine. This issue was odd because it only seemed to happen on random items; gimp worked fine but xterm and qt apps did not... but not in the same way. I hope this helps someone because I lost a ton of time on this issue.

Last edited by 2Pug (2017-01-21 18:52:28)

Board footer