You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-18 21:45:48

athos

PCSX2: black screen recently

Hi,
A strange problem, so I'm wondering if you experiment this also.
Starting from about sunday 15 (or monday 16-01), my pcsx2 program stopped working:
it only displays a black screen with EE=99 or 100% and GS=0%
It used to work very fine on mesa-git (laurent carlier repo)+pcsx2-git from aur.
I tried switching back to the stable pcsx2 1.4, but same behaviour.
If I choose "no plugin", I can boot to the bios.
I tried software mode too for opengl: same black screen.

I posted on the pcsx2 forum
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-black-sc … or-message
and was suggested to get a debug version.
So, I installed the aur package (pcsx2-git), edited the pkgbuild by replacing the "Release" with "Debug" (in 2 places).
I can imagine that my pcsx2-git is a then debug build.
When I launch it, it's the exact same behaviour and I don't get any other information on the PCSX2 Program Log,
neither in the logs folder.

I was wondering if I'm the only one with this recent trouble: are you guys still able to launch a pcsx2 game ?
My hardware is a R9 Fury, with mesa-git drivers. I think the problem occured without updating the mesa-git packages. I updated after the pb in the hope the pb would magically be solved.
But I had to do a massive update (for another pb) and this seems the cause (but it was about 100 pkgs, so it's quite difficult to test individually).

I tried to revert a few lib32-.. but no luck so far.

Well, if you can point me to a direction or help me narrow the problem, that would be most welcome...

#2 2017-01-19 08:31:15

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: PCSX2: black screen recently

You also have to enable debug and disable the stripping of debug symbols on the PKGBUILD to get a proper debuggable binary: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … n_settings but I'd rather assume this to be some problem with your GL setup. Do more basic things like e.g. glxgears work?

#3 2017-01-19 16:28:57

athos

Re: PCSX2: black screen recently

Thanks for helping with the debugging thing. I haven't tried this yet, but after more testing, I've narrowed the problem:
it works fine with an iso file and it goes black screen when I use a compressed iso file (iso.gz).
I've tried downgrading zlib related packages, but no luck for now.
As a workaround, I can however uncompress manually my iso.gz files.

Board footer