You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-21 04:48:28

ltorvalds024
Website

How to enable touch to click in GNOME's Xorg session?

I hate to use Wayland session of GNOME. Wayland won't source all the files in /etc/profile.d/ and won't expand $HOME variable in $PATH, thus I do not get all essential directories in $PATH. 
But Wayland session does provide click to touch but Xorg session does not. 
How can I enable touch to click in GNOME's Xorg session? 
Thanks 
(If you need more information please ask)

"I am slacking because my code is compiling"

#2 2017-01-22 09:42:44

summerbrain

Re: How to enable touch to click in GNOME's Xorg session?

Hi,

I suppose you are using a Laptop? wink In case you are using xf86-input-libinput as your Touchpad Driver Gnome should already show a corresponding option in its Settings. If your are using xf86-input-synaptics you can configure that in detail using an xorg.conf file. There are very detailed instructions on how to write it in the wiki here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics.

Last edited by summerbrain (2017-01-22 09:43:50)

#3 2017-01-22 15:46:09

ltorvalds024
Website

Re: How to enable touch to click in GNOME's Xorg session?

summerbrain wrote:

Hi,

I suppose you are using a Laptop? wink In case you are using xf86-input-libinput as your Touchpad Driver Gnome should already show a corresponding option in its Settings. If your are using xf86-input-synaptics you can configure that in detail using an xorg.conf file. There are very detailed instructions on how to write it in the wiki here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics.

it says:  Tip: xf86-input-synaptics is in maintenance mode and is no longer updated. If possible, use libinput. It implements a different approach to recognize and process multitouch features. it looks like I am stuck with libinput. removing xf86-input-libinput is not possible since it is a dependency of xorg-server.

"I am slacking because my code is compiling"

Board footer