You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-24 20:52:55

niezniszczalny

HP Probook 650 - un(mute) microphone key combination.

I'm making key shortcuts to manage sound, like volume up, volume down, mute etc. I'm using Xfce DE. So far every combination works great, I open "keyboard" settings -> "application shortcuts" -> "Add". Then I enter the command, let's say "sh -c "pactl set-sink-mute 0 false ; pactl set-sink-volume 0 +5%". Then I enter key combination: FN+F7, and this combination is saved as "XF86AudioRaiseVolume" and it works!
But one combination doesn't work.  I want to mute/unmute microphone with command "pactl set-source-mute 1 toggle" and combination FN+F8, as it is proper combination in this laptop. After pressing these two keys nothing happens, nothing proceeds.

In XF86 Keyboard Symbols there no "microphone mute" symbol. This is strange to me.

When I run

showkey --scancodes

and press FN+F8 nothing shows up. Does anyone have/had similar problem?

#2 2017-01-27 19:30:42

paulkerry

Re: HP Probook 650 - un(mute) microphone key combination.

I also couldn't get fn-f8 to work also using xfce on a probook 450, so in the end I decided to assign shift-f8 to do this.

After assigning "amixer -c 1 sset Capture toggle" to shift-f8, the orange led on the f8 key toggles on and off along with the microphone on/off.

#3 2017-01-31 19:38:30

niezniszczalny

Re: HP Probook 650 - un(mute) microphone key combination.

I did the same thing. Assigned it to SUPER + F8, also this led toggles on and off. Seems like the best simple workaround.

Board footer