You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-25 03:45:54

X75TIGER75X

hid_apple parameters seems to be overwritten every time laptop reboots

I have Arch Linux installed on the Macbook Air 2014. The default key mapping is all wrong. My tilde and quote mark will print "<" or ">" when pressed. FN key is switched to CTRL key. Option key is switched to Command key.

Outputs of /sys/module/hid_apple/parameters/iso_layout, /sys/module/hid_apple/parameters/swap_fn_leftctrl, and /sys/module/hid_apple/parameters/swap_opt_cmd all show 1 while they are supposed to show zero. Manually changing them to zero completely solves the key mapping problem. I tried to make it to automatically be set to zero on boot by making a config file in modprobe.d directory.

The config file is called hid_apple.conf and the contents of the file contains:
options hid_apple iso_layout=0
options hid_apple swap_fn_leftctrl=0
options hid_apple swap_opt_cmd=0

The modprobe.d directory contains hid_apple.conf and bcwc-pcie.conf
bcwc-pcie.conf contains one line:
blacklist bdc_pci

The computer reboot did not seem to work as the keys are still not mapped right and /sys/module/hid_apple/parameters/* still report 1 instead of zero. I am not sure what to do now. Did those parameters get overwritten somehow? Where do I find out which file that is causing those parameters to be reverted to 1?

Additional information:

Running Gnome 3, running Arch Linux in LUKS+LVM container. Used systemd-boot to boot the operating system. Stand-alone install, no OSX present on the drive.

running modprobe -D hid_apple shows:
insmod /lib/modules/4.8.13-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/hid/hid.ko.gz
insmod /lib/modules/4.8.13-1/ARCH/extramodules/hid-apple.ko.gz iso_layout=0 swap_fn_leftctrl=0 swap_opt_cmd=0

EDIT:

I think I solved it. Tried to run mkinitcpio -p linux and it shows some missing files related to keyboard. I ran depmod -a then ran mkinitcpio -p linux again and no more missing files and the parameters are now properly set to zero, finally! I wish I had done this before making this post.

Last edited by X75TIGER75X (2017-01-25 04:10:22)

Board footer