You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-26 02:05:11

fborges22
Member
Registered: 2016-01-04
Posts: 6

Gnome Commander Issues

Greetings,

Recently I noticed that gnome-commander and some other packages has been removed from the official repository of pacman.

I am curious why this particular package have been removed.

Best regards,
F.Borges

Offline

#2 2017-01-26 02:11:53

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Gnome Commander Issues

Dropped to AUR because the TU no longer wanted to maintain it: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnome-commander/


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2017-01-26 10:34:14

fborges22
Member
Registered: 2016-01-04
Posts: 6

Re: Gnome Commander Issues

What is TU?

Offline

#4 2017-01-26 10:54:57

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: Gnome Commander Issues


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#5 2017-01-26 12:04:31

JGC
Developer
Registered: 2003-12-03
Posts: 1,664

Re: Gnome Commander Issues

gnome-commander was dropped because it uses deprecated libraries:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=589069
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=589072

We dropped several old GNOME 2.x libraries from extra, so gnome-commander was removed in the process.

Offline

#6 2017-01-26 19:34:41

fborges22
Member
Registered: 2016-01-04
Posts: 6

Re: Gnome Commander Issues

Okay... I will migrate to the tuxcmd or similar software. Thanks for the information

Offline

#7 2017-11-02 18:04:31

porcupene
Member
Registered: 2010-03-01
Posts: 34

Re: Gnome Commander Issues

I compiled for me today but it installs a lot of dependencies. I use MATE if that is of any importance.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB