You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-08 23:10:14

jacopastorius

i'm getting mad..compiling gwget

i want to compile gwget to build its package just for gym big_smile
i can't make it!

it gives this error:

main_window_cb.c:27:61: error: gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h: No such file or directory

while i have that file in this path:

/opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs

and edited the Makefile in source directory including this path in GNOME_CFLAGS as you can see in the last line:

GNOME_CFLAGS = -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/gconf/2 -I/opt/gnome/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/opt/gnome/include/orbit-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/libglade-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs

But it gives me anyway the error

#2 2006-06-08 23:31:09

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: i'm getting mad..compiling gwget

I assume that you modified the gwget PKGBUILD from abs. Is it correct? Could you post the PKGBUILD that you are using and gives you that error?

BTW: Moved to 'Making packages'

#3 2006-06-09 07:33:11

jacopastorius

Snowman wrote:

I assume that you modified the gwget PKGBUILD from abs. Is it correct? Could you post the PKGBUILD that you are using and gives you that error?

BTW: Moved to 'Making packages'

mmm..no..i already not modified it..because i read on wiki abs that i have to install the source package, then run abs and then modify PKGBUILD..i think i have to solve the gnome-vfs-mime.h problem firts...or no?

#4 2006-06-09 18:52:55

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

The PKGBUILD in abs (which is for gwget 0.97) build fine here. However, gwget 0.98.1 is released so I'll update the community package. Maybe using the newer sources will fix your problem.

EDIT: I understand the problem now. You're trying to compile gwget 0.98.1. I get the same error. I'll fix that and update the package.

#5 2006-06-09 20:21:08

jacopastorius

Snowman wrote:

The PKGBUILD in abs (which is for gwget 0.97) build fine here. However, gwget 0.98.1 is released so I'll update the community package. Maybe using the newer sources will fix your problem.

EDIT: I understand the problem now. You're trying to compile gwget 0.98.1. I get the same error. I'll fix that and update the package.

yes!i was trying to compile gwget 0.98!
But i think i can't understand..how can you fix this problem?what is the cause of the problem?can you explain me?

#6 2006-06-09 23:45:19

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Fixed and uploaded. Rerun abs to get the updated PKGBUILD and .install file and see how it was fixed.

You had found and almost fixed the problem. smile You needed to add :

-I/opt/gnome/include

to the list of include files path. It was the missing path. The change you did didn't work because a part of the path was specified in the source file:

#include <gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h>

When you added -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs to the Makefile, it was looking for: /opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h
and of course it didn't found the file.  Let me know it's still unclear.

EDIT: FireGet (the firefox extension) has been removed from the package as it didn't work. Perhaps it hasn't been updated to work with the newest firefox.  I've just commented the fireget part in the PKGBUILD and .install file. You could try it out if you want.

#7 2006-06-10 18:01:31

jacopastorius

Snowman wrote:

Fixed and uploaded. Rerun abs to get the updated PKGBUILD and .install file and see how it was fixed.

You had found and almost fixed the problem. smile You needed to add :

-I/opt/gnome/include

to the list of include files path. It was the missing path. The change you did didn't work because a part of the path was specified in the source file:

#include <gnome>

When you added -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs to the Makefile, it was looking for: /opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h
and of course it didn't found the file.  Let me know it's still unclear.

EDIT: FireGet (the firefox extension) has been removed from the package as it didn't work. Perhaps it hasn't been updated to work with the newest firefox.  I've just commented the fireget part in the PKGBUILD and .install file. You could try it out if you want.

very strange..because i tried to add -I/opt/gnome/include in my night of trying big_smile
did you add it to GNOME_CFLAGS?

#8 2006-06-10 21:36:20

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

I added it to CFLAGS. The working gwget PKGBUILd is in abs (if you uncommented the community repo in  /etc/abs/abs.conf).

Board footer