You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-01 04:07:38

Batou

[Request] PKBUILD for Master PDF Editor Free Edition

Hi guys,

I spent about a week searching for a goof PDF editor that can open some of the PDF files I had. I think I downloaded every PDF package in AUR and downloaded over 1.7GB worth of programs trying out every one of them.

The one that came out at the top when it came to opening complex PDF files that have embedded features was Master PDF Editor. It also came on the top when it came to annotation and drawing/marking features for PDF files. I take few courses right now and love to take notes directly into my textbooks and papers I read. For the longest, I couldn't find a PDF editor that could do that well for Linux and resorted to using some Windows one through WINE.

Well, I came across this one: https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/ and have been using it for few days and really like how many features free version has. Only issue is that it's not open source and it's not in AUR and it doesn't come with a PKBUILD.

Could one of you AUR masters please help me create a PKGBUILD file for it? It comes with a bunch of fonts and some other help files in the tarball so I'm not sure where to place those. Also, it doesn't come with .desktop file so it's not easy to get DE to find it (it does have a PNG icon file however).

Thank you!

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#2 2017-02-01 04:14:13

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [Request] PKBUILD for Master PDF Editor Free Edition

It's already in the AUR...

Board footer