You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-02 09:35:33

analbeard

PKGBUILD critique

Hi guys

I submitted my first PKGBUILD earlier (well, first which I've created from scratch), and I'd appreciate it if it could be critiqued. This is the package in question. The releases are offered as pre-compiled binaries and source tarballs, or alternatively installable with go get ( see this). My package uses the binary, however I appreciate that as they only offer a 64bit release, this isn't that helpful to people running other architectures (even though 32bit support is going away soon). What's the recommended way to create the package; source and compile?

Thanks!

Late 2016 Dell XPS15 | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Samsung PM961 NVMe 512Gb SSD
LightDM/i3 | rEFInd | linux-ck

#2 2017-02-02 11:08:44

Slithery
Administrator

Re: PKGBUILD critique

If the source is available then it's always best to use it over pre-compiled binaries.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2017-02-03 05:18:54

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: PKGBUILD critique

Precompiled binaries can also be offered as a *-bin package (as you have done), if you feel it is worth the additional offering, but as slithery said, the primary package should build it from source code.

So, you should probably also upload a non *-bin package for the benefit of people who want to build it from source. smile

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer