You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-03 14:35:29

xvzf

Buzzing sound when using Mouse

Hi there,

Now that I configured my fanprofile and my PC is quieter, I realize that there is a buzzing sound (headphone and HDMI Audio on the monitor) whenever I move the mouse. It disappears when the volume is set to 0 so it might not be a physical interference.

Anyone has an Idea how to fix it? It is really annoying...

Cheers,
Matthias

#2 2017-02-03 15:22:09

Stewart Little

Re: Buzzing sound when using Mouse

Does the buzzing sound happen with ordinary speakers not via using monitor speakers?

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -J. K Rowling
-----
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-02-03 16:48:36

ewaller
Administrator

HDMI audio is digital and the monitor has a separate power supply, so this is unlikely to be electrical noise.   Any chance you have an open microphone that is actually detecting the mouse move acoustically ?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---

#4 2017-02-03 17:37:44

xvzf

Hi again,

My Monitor (Dell u2415) doesn't have integrated speakers. I tried any pair of headphones I could fine and everyone showed the same problem.

I have a mic in, however it is muted and it also appears when the microphone is not plugged in.

Also, I am running a fresh install of arch (to see if that fixes my problem), so all packages are the latest version. I never used headphones frequently on my desktop so maybe I did not notice it, or it appeared like 4 weeks ago.

Greetings,
Matthias

#5 2017-02-03 21:22:53

Stewart Little

What sound software's are you using to monitor the sound system on your arch linux os - on mine I use the pavucontrol software to dictate the sound volume and other sound systems - have you looked at these software's to see if it solves your issue?

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -J. K Rowling
-----

#6 2017-02-03 21:37:57

xvzf

Hi there,

I actually newer had a deeper look inside the sound system due the lack of interest..

I am running alsa and pulseaudio and the gnome internal audio management (if that counts).

I'll install pavucontrol and see if it changes anything!

Cheers

Board footer