You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-03 16:18:26

deeenes

tclkit: problems at installation

tclkit is in AUR, however at the end of the build the compiled tclkit-cli exits with a segfault (up to date, freshly rebooted system). I tried to remove all options (thread, allenc, dyn, etc) one-by-one or together, with no success.

./tclkit-cli ../../validate.tcl
make: *** [../../makefile.include:27: tclkit-cli] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make: *** Deleting file 'tclkit-cli'

Then I followed the workflow here:

wget -O kbs.tcl http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.9/kbs.tcl/download
tr -d '\015' < kbs.tcl > tmp.tcl
mv tmp.tcl kbs.tcl
chmod +x kbs.tcl
./kbs.tcl -r -mk install kbskit8.6 || echo -en '\n\nIf this failed at obtaining kbskit0.4 from cvs,\njust try again, it is because the low reliability of sourceforge.\n\n'

./kbs.tcl -builddir=/ install kbskit8.6

However looks like it built tcl and tk, but not tclkit.

Then I found this with precompiled binaries, and installed them:

wget https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/tclkit/tclkit-8.5.9-linux-ix86.gz
gunzip tclkit-8.5.9-linux-ix86.gz
su
mv tclkit-8.5.9-linux-ix86 /usr/bin/tclkit
chmod +x /usr/bin/tclkit

This tclkit has the problem that it needs tcl 8.5 instead of current tcl 8.6. I installed tcl85 and tk85 from AUR, and set the /usr/bin/tclsh symlink to /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 and /usr/bin/wish to /usr/bin/wish8.5. But the application I want to run (which is the ApE plasmid editor, available in AUR) says this surprising thing:

~ $ ape

package "Tk" isn't loaded statically
    while executing
"load {} Tk"
    ("package ifneeded Tk 8.6.4" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Tk 8.5"
    (file "/opt/ApE/lib/app-AppMain/AppMain.tcl" line 59)
    invoked from within
"source /opt/ApE/lib/app-AppMain/AppMain.tcl"
    ("package ifneeded app-AppMain 1.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require app-AppMain"
    (file "/opt/ApE/main.tcl" line 4)

I would find it nicer if I could compile tclkit, but if you have ideas how to run ape with these ancient binaries, that might help as well.

Board footer