You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-08 08:36:18

Caspian

Logitech Master MX mouse Bluetooth connection issues

I have Intel 8260 Wifi/Bluetooth card in my laptop and I recently bought Logitech Master MX mouse. Connecting it using the USB dongle works without issues. However, I can't seem to get bluetooth connection to work.
I read through all available posts, tried most of the suggested approaches but nothing helps.
If I use Gnome's bluetooth settings, it shows that the mouse is connected, but it doesn't function.
Tried using bluetoothctl and following commands:

agent on
default-agent
pair <dev>
trust <dev>
connect <dev>

On first it seems like everything goes well, but after maybe a minute I get an error that authentication failed and info for mouse shows that the device is trusted and connected but not paired (and it doesn't work of course).
I found that the issue could lie in Simple Pairing mode.
hciconfig hci0 sspmode gives the following output:

hci0:	Type: Primary  Bus: USB
	        BD Address: 34:13:E8:38:93:10  ACL MTU: 1021:4  SCO MTU: 96:6
	        Simple Pairing mode: Disabled

It's obvious that simple pairing is disabled, so I tried enabling it with hciconfig hci0 sspmode 1, but I get:

Can't set Simple Pairing mode on hci0: Input/output error (5)

The strange thing is that in one random attempt with Gnome settings mouse connected successfully and worked, but the issues returned after the first restart.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by Caspian (2017-02-08 09:34:57)

#2 2017-02-09 07:30:35

Caspian

Re: Logitech Master MX mouse Bluetooth connection issues

Anyone?
Does someone maybe know what could be the reason of an error I'm getting while trying to set Simple pairing mode with hciconfig (hciconfig hci0 sspmode 1)?

#3 2017-06-23 16:50:38

yogeshnachnani

Re: Logitech Master MX mouse Bluetooth connection issues

Wel, FWIW, I changed the following two settings in /etc/default/bluetooth :

HID2HCI_ENABLED=1
HID2HCI_UNDO=1

This got the Logitech MX Master to work.
I did experience some flakiness in bluetooth connection after this; and am yet to debug that (do give it a shot & let me know how things work out)

Last edited by yogeshnachnani (2017-06-23 16:51:48)

Board footer