You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-08 21:02:41

anselm
Banned

Mysterious messages in Skype

A few of my acquitances claims, that they got a message from me, which consists only a link, nothing else. Like this one:

http://www.clods-564.tk/#id=name.of.acquitance

And I can see the messages too, they look like I sent them, but I didn't send any messages of course.

I thought I have a virus so I updated clamscan with freshclam, and I run a virus check. It found some HTML exploit in the Opera Legacy application cache dir:

Html.Exploit.CVE_2016_7202-5482931-0

It appears in two copies, but nothing else. However there are only two pages on the whole WWW which write about this HTML exploit.

What should I do to get rid of those annoying Skype messages?

#2 2017-02-09 15:33:01

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Mysterious messages in Skype

That is most probably a well known ongoing skype problem, I have experienced something similar before, different link but probably the same end goal.

There are lots of complaints on their forums about people with similar problems. Skype's Microsoft's official stance is that some how your credentials got leaked from another website and used to login with skype and send those messages, this assumes password reuse. Some claim their user/pass combo was unique to skype and the pass should be secure/hard to guess.

You can amuse yourself by reading this long thread[1] at skype's forum. There is more than one thread so if you have time to kill have fun reading.

My only recommendation is that you change your skype password and make sure all your profile details, specially the email, are correct. Also beef up the security of your email account by turning on two factor authentication if you haven't done so already.

[1] https://community.skype.com/t5/Security … -p/4461728

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer