You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-09 09:25:44

itektur

Hint: Anki 2.1.0a10, missing profiles and broken media

I just installed anki-2.1.0a10-1 and after that, Anki could not find the profile I normally use. (The profile directory was still present, though.) I first tried to downgrade to anki-2.0.41-1 but the old version crashed immediately (probably due to incompatible libraries). So I upgraded to the current version again.

I tried to restore everything by creating a new profile with the new version and then importing the most recent backup apkg file Anki created automatically in the old profile directory. It turned out that those backup apkg files do not contain any media. So, after importing the backup file, I closed Anki and copied what appeared to be the media files to the new profile directory:

cp -a old_profile/collection.media* new_profile/

I am not sure whether everything is perfectly fine now but at least it appears to be the case. It might help to export everything (all decks including media and scheduling information) first using the old version of Anki first so you can import everything from there into the new version.

I hope this post will help other users who ran into the same or a similar issue.

#2 2017-02-09 16:30:18

hoelzro

Re: Hint: Anki 2.1.0a10, missing profiles and broken media

I found some problems when using the Anki 2.1 alpha as well; in the interest of not hijacking your thread, I posted my findings here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1690017

Board footer