You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-13 07:13:06

Matpiz

Bluetooth headset issues (also creating keyboard config changes)

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a bluetooth headset and I'm having trouble using it with my computer. I made it work nicely (though after multiple tries) yesterday. Today, it's inconsistent as hell.

I'm using the 4.4.48-1-lts kernel and gnome 3 as my DE. After first failing to use the headset as an audio output (connecting through gnome gui), I followed the arch wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_headset) and manage to use it in A2DP (very clear audio experience). Today, I can't use it. Through bluetoothctl pairing is failing (displays "Connected: yes" followed by "Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed"). And through gnome gui, impossible to use the A2DP config, only HSP is available. (A2DP is labelled as "unavailable" in pavucontrol).

Even weirder, each time bluetooth connects or disconnects to the headset, my keyboard configuration (bépo) is lost and it turns back to azerty.

Any idea on what is going on?

#2 2017-02-13 07:19:03

Docbroke

Re: Bluetooth headset issues (also creating keyboard config changes)

with bluetoothctl try this commands
1. power on
2. trust "your device id"
3. pair "your device id"
4. connect "your device id"

You dont need trust and pair everytime, but power on is usually required unless you set udev rule to automatically power on your bluetooth.
Issue with keyboard seems weird though!

#3 2017-02-13 07:31:01

Matpiz

Re: Bluetooth headset issues (also creating keyboard config changes)

Oh yes I remember now that I used this "trust" command yesterday. But sadly today it is not working (still pairing issue).

Does someone know of some commands that I could run to have a better diagnostic of my problem?

PS: I just did a pacman -Syu and restarted before my tests to make sure it was not an updated kernel issue.

Board footer