You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-16 19:46:21

FrederickZh

How to forcibly ignore packages with pacaur?

Hi guys,

I'm using tllocalmgr to manage the TeXLive packages. The manager retrieves the files, builds packages locally, and installs them as pacman packages so it could utilise the pacman management system.

But it leads to hundreds of lines of

texlive-local-balabala is not present in AUR -- skipping

when I run pacaur -Syu

I tried adding

IgnorePkg   = texlive-local-*

to pacman.conf but it didn't work.

How to correctly bypass these packages?

Last edited by FrederickZh (2017-02-16 19:47:07)

#2 2017-02-16 20:57:29

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: How to forcibly ignore packages with pacaur?

Adding that line to pacman will do nothing ... or worse it might make tlllocalmgr fail to install updates.

The problem is all those tex-live packages are locally installed (pacman -Qm will show them).  It would seem Pacaur is checking the AUR for any locally installed packages.

It looks like pacaur uses cower - so configure cower to ignore those packages.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2017-02-17 04:12:45

FrederickZh

Trilby wrote:

Adding that line to pacman will do nothing ... or worse it might make tlllocalmgr fail to install updates.

The problem is all those tex-live packages are locally installed (pacman -Qm will show them).  It would seem Pacaur is checking the AUR for any locally installed packages.

It looks like pacaur uses cower - so configure cower to ignore those packages.

I added the same IgnorePkg directive in ~/.config/cower/config but still didn't work.

#4 2017-02-17 10:14:30

Spyhawk

Pacaur checks foreign packages (-Qm) for update in the AUR. Your texlive-local-blabla packages aren't found in the repo, so pacaur checks the AUR, where these packages aren't found either and it warns you about it.
This isn't an error, this is a warning. You might want to get rid of such packages if these are deprecated packages, otherwise carry on - there is no issue here. No, that warning cannot be disabled.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2017-02-17 10:15:00)

Board footer