You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-22 16:02:22

frankdooks

Issue with Lightdm.service

Hello,

I hope I am putting this request for help in the correct place. I started receiving this error after completing an update yesterday afternoon. My computer will not boot up - just receiving the the lightdm.service error message.

I tried a bunch of options with help from my cousin (knows Arch must more than I do) and still...no luck. I'm using nouveau, FYI.

I am at work now, however, will be trying to fix this issue when I get back home from work, this evening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://i63.tinypic.com/b4amj4.jpg

-- mod note: convert img to url tags.  Trilby --

Last edited by Trilby (2017-02-22 16:12:47)

#2 2017-02-22 16:16:41

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Issue with Lightdm.service

Welcome to the forums.  Please have a look around at the sticked threads, especially in the Newbie Corner, on how to post here effectively.  I've converted your image to a link as it is far to big for the forums.  But also note that images of text are ill-advised: just post the text.

Sticked threads at the top of the Newbie Corner subforum give advice on how to capture output of commands in the tty to post on the forums.

Also take a look at our wiki which is a great resource: the command you intended to run is listed there in the Xorg `lspci | grep -i vga`.

Please also look at your /var/log/pacman.log and/or share it here (in code tags, or link to it on a file sharing site) to see what was updated yesterday afternoon.

Mod note: moved to N.C.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer