You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-24 12:12:26

kgizdov
Package Maintainer (PM)

GDM cannot login after lockscreen

Hi,

So I had this problem before, but it went away with some of the upgrades to GNOME. Now with the latest update it's back. The problem is, I cannot pin point what is causing it exactly. Need some help.

The problem is the following - I start my laptop, I login fine. Then I go for coffee, try to login from the lockscreen, forever stuck. Nothing happens, it just stays in a locked state and I cannot even click 'cancel'. I can open a new tty and login in a shell, but no amount of tries will even get me back to my previous GDM session, even though it is running somewhere. My only option is to reboot from the second tty and login again on boot.

I feel like I've read all the posts on the internet about this and none of them has helped in any case. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Managed to get back in by killing session-c1, session-c2 and restarting gdm.service. Now I can see session-c{1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 14, 18, 28, 32, 36, 58, 66, 72, 128}, Why so many sessions...? When the lockscreen gets stuck, I don't seem to find those anymore.

Last edited by kgizdov (2017-02-24 14:06:42)

#2 2017-02-28 13:31:41

kgizdov
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: GDM cannot login after lockscreen

So I am getting:

(II) systemd-logind: got pause for 13:80

repeatedly and this is what fails my login, I think. I found this bug on GNOME https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=754814 that seems to be talking about this. It is marked as fixed, but it seems like it isn't. Pressing ESC, however, doesn't do anything for me. I am stuck.

Board footer