You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-24 15:01:06

kubax

[SOLVED] ncpfs dkms build problem

i got some problem.

as ncpfs module is removed from the arch kernel, i created the ncpfs-module-dkms aur. But my problem is, when dkms builds the kernel, only compiles the module ignoring the CONFIG_* options i passe to the make command.

Here is the command i'm using:

MAKE[0]="CONFIG_NCP_FS=m CONFIG_NCPFS_PACKET_SIGNING=y CONFIG_NCPFS_STRONG=y CONFIG_NCPFS_NFS_NS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_OS2_NS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_SMALLDOS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_NLS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_EXTRAS=y make -j8 KERNELRELEASE=${kernelver} -C /usr/lib/modules/${kernelver}/build M=/var/lib/dkms/${PACKAGE_NAME}/${PACKAGE_VERSION}/build"

CONFIG_NCP_FS works as intendet. if this is missing, dkms wont build anything.

But the other CONFIG_* options that are used inside the (f.e. dir.c) seems to be ignored. I also tried to add the missing values to /usr/lib/modules/${kernelver}/build/.config but dkms seems to use another .config file.

could you give me any hint's how to make dkms compile with the given options, without downloading / compiling the complete kernel?

Last edited by kubax (2017-02-27 10:53:45)

#2 2017-02-27 07:53:44

kubax

Re: [SOLVED] ncpfs dkms build problem

Does nobody have an idea hwo to fix this?

Only idea i got was to edit the code and remove alle the IFDEF's, what is a bad idea in my opinion hmm

EDIT: Maybe it's in the wrong category? Would it fit better in -> "AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests" if so, could a mod please move the thread?

Last edited by kubax (2017-02-27 07:56:15)

#3 2017-02-27 10:21:27

x33a
Forum Fellow

Moving to AUR issues.

#4 2017-02-27 10:53:25

kubax

Seems like i fixed this myself...

I had to manually compile the module directory at first, and then compile the module. Did this while compiling manually, and thought dkms would do this automatically..... well, seem's like i was wrong smile

MAKE[0]="CONFIG_NCP_FS=m CONFIG_NCPFS_PACKET_SIGNING=y CONFIG_NCPFS_STRONG=y CONFIG_NCPFS_NFS_NS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_OS2_NS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_SMALLDOS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_NLS=y CONFIG_NCPFS_EXTRAS=y make -j8 KERNELRELEASE=${kernelver} -C /usr/lib/modules/${kernelver}/build /var/lib/dkms/${PACKAGE_NAME}/${PACKAGE_VERSION}/build;make -j8 KERNELRELEASE=${kernelver} -C /usr/lib/modules/${kernelver}/build M=/var/lib/dkms/${PACKAGE_NAME}/${PACKAGE_VERSION}/build"

solved my issues. This also fixed the missing symbol errors i got after manually patching the defindes into one of the source files.

i'll close this as solved. Thanks smile

Board footer