You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-25 12:49:00

/dev/loop

[SOLVED] Problems with screen locking

I've installed xfce with lightdm and wanted the ability to lock my screen, so I installed light-locker for this purpose. Now my screen locks automatically when the screen turns black. So far so good. But there are some side effects after installing light-locker.

1) My laptop isn't going to suspend mode automatically, because now a password prompt appears asking for the root password
2) If the screen is automatically locked and I activate the screen again (mouse move) sometimes the screen is set to maximal brightness and not to the previous level.
3) The screen gets black and locked even if a video is playing (I'm using vlc, option for preventing the screensaver is active)

I appreciate your help.

Update, additional information to 3)
Screensaver and suspend will be prevented, but after the configured suspend time light-locker kicks in and locks the screen.

Update, found another problem:
4) If I close the laptop lid the laptop goes in suspend regardless the setting in the power manager. After removing the light-locker package the behavior is as expected again (e.g. just turn of the display). Also interesting, no password prompt appears here.

Update: Tried xss-lock with dm-tool to lock the screen. This solves all problems but 4). Any suggestions on this issue?

Update: Solved the problem.
If the screen is locked the laptop always goes to sleep if the lid is closed (seems to be the behavior of dm-tool?!). I modified the source of xss-lock and added an option to disable screen locking if the screen goes to standby. Now it works as I want it.

Last edited by /dev/loop (2017-02-27 12:23:00)

Board footer