You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-02 13:35:11

kleofas

[SOLVED] Akonadi Baloo indexer and xapian-core linking error

Lately I'm having issues with Baloo indexer. I tried akonadictl and after "restart" command I get:

[$ akonadi.collectionattributetable                   OK                                                                                                                          
akonadi.collectionmimetyperelation                 OK                                                                                                                                                           
akonadi.collectionpimitemrelation                  OK                                                                                                                                                            
akonadi.collectiontable                            OK                                                                                                                                                              
akonadi.flagtable                                  OK                                                                                                                                                               
akonadi.mimetypetable                              OK                                                                                                                                                                  
akonadi.parttable                                  OK                                                                                                                                                                   
akonadi.parttypetable                              OK                                                                                                                                                                     
akonadi.pimitemflagrelation                        OK                                                                                                                                                                        
akonadi.pimitemtable                               OK                                                                                                                                                                         
akonadi.pimitemtagrelation                         OK                                                                                                                                                                          
akonadi.relationtable                              OK                                                                                                                                                                           
akonadi.relationtypetable                          OK                                                                                                                                                                            
akonadi.resourcetable                              OK                                                                                                                                                                              
akonadi.schemaversiontable                         OK                                                                                                                                                                              
akonadi.tagattributetable                          OK                                                                                                                                                                               
akonadi.tagremoteidresourcerelationtable           OK                                                                                                                                                                                
akonadi.tagtable                                   OK
akonadi.tagtypetable                               OK
/bin/akonadi_baloo_indexer: error while loading shared libraries: libxapian.so.22: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/akonadi_baloo_indexer: error while loading shared libraries: libxapian.so.22: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Indeed, I haven't got the libxapian.so.22:

# ls /usr/lib/libxapian*
/usr/lib/libxapian.la  /usr/lib/libxapian.so  /usr/lib/libxapian.so.30  /usr/lib/libxapian.so.30.2.0

Unfortunately the libxapian.so.30 is not compatible with libxapian.so.22. When I symlink the 22 to the 30 I get:

/bin/akonadi_baloo_indexer: symbol lookup error: /bin/akonadi_baloo_indexer: undefined symbol: _ZN6Xapian16WritableDatabaseC1ERKSsi

Both baloo and xapian-core are up to date (checked after pacman -Sy):

extra/baloo 5.31.0-1 (kf5) [installed]
    A framework for searching and managing metadata
extra/xapian-core 1:1.4.2-1 [installed]
    Open source search engine library.

I found this TODO, but I can't seem to find how to contact anybody involved. How do I report the issue or contact the maintainer of Baloo?

Last edited by kleofas (2017-03-02 14:43:09)

#2 2017-03-02 14:33:50

arojas
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Akonadi Baloo indexer and xapian-core linking error

we don't provide akonadi_baloo_indexer in our repos, in baloo or in any other package. So that application is unsupported.

#3 2017-03-02 14:42:47

kleofas

Re: [SOLVED] Akonadi Baloo indexer and xapian-core linking error

You're right.

$ yaourt -Qo /usr/bin/akonadi_baloo_indexer
/usr/bin/akonadi_baloo_indexer belongs to baloo4-akonadi 4.14.3-2

After I removed this package, the error message is gone. Thanks :-).

Board footer