You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-04 18:54:52

Annoyingduck

Acer v5-552p UEFI Black Screen Live USB

I just cannot get Arch to boot on this Acer Aspire v5-552p (AMD A10, AMD graphics) in UEFI mode - Bios is fully up to date.  Other distros live usb's boot up just fine (Manjaro, Antergos, Mint) in UEFI mode on this computer, but not Arch. Upon boot there is a black loader screen (typical UEFI, just like on my other machines) showing: Arch default uefi dvd, efi shell v1 & v2, etc, etc.  I select the Default Arch DVD (as I do on any other distro) and it just goes to a black screen.  USB is fine, ISO is fine. Guides say to add 'nomodeset' or 'radeon.modeset=0' to the grub menu, but there is not really a grub because it's in UEFI mode.  Tapping 'e' on the default dvd option pulls up a series of texts where I have added in both of those options at the end of the line, hit enter, but still boots to a black screen.  There is not a "quiet splash" option to replace in that text edit under the Arch default uefi dvd option.  Choosing the efi shell options just dumps to a window with a bunch of blocks.  Typing the name of each block just results in 'command not found'.  How can I get this thing to boot the Arch DVD and not get a black screen?

Board footer