You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-13 12:50:27

hybrid

konqueror volume support gone? Not totally happy with other FMs.

Hi,

so far I used konqueror to un-/mount USB pen drives and such. Since konqueror dropped the side bar I can't seem to be able to do that anymore.
Is there a way to get that functionality back?

That being said, I'm not bound to konqueror. I'm running fluxbox, so I don't need konqueror on my system. But with today's amounts of RAM and the fact that I use amarok and kaffeine anyways it didn't bother me too much to use konqueror. Until konqueror wasn't showing any icons anymore (could work around with XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE), then "forgetting things (e.g. to copy files the source and destination directories need to be open at the same time. Navigating to source, selecting files, ctrl+c, navigating to destination and then ctrl+v doesn't work) and then dropping the sidebar. Since then I've been trying other filemanagers again (still mostly the same ones that were around like 15 years ago. Doesn't seem to be a very competetive field) but none totally satisfied me.
Here's what I look for:
1) tabs, and when I open a tab with crtl+t I want to be able to directly type what path the tab should be pointing
2) volume support, to u-/mount pen drives and so forth

That's it already basically. For general use I prefer graphical tabbed FMs over the split screen ones, but I still like keyboard input. Either the FMs don't support tabs at all (rox/xfe). Or when creating a new tab they copy the current tab, which means I have to move to my mouse and click in the address field to then move back to my keyboard (thunar/pcmanfm/spacefm). Or they lack volume support (konqueror).
If you know of a graphical FM that fits my needs or if you know one of the FMs I mentioned has all the functionality and I simply missed the right option in the preferences, please let me know.
I tried quite a few more than the ones I mentioned earlier, but I will try them again if they can be configured the way I want them.
Who would've thought somethings this simple could be so difficult to find? :>

Thanks for your help

Board footer