You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-14 20:59:24

Thymine

I have the souce code for a printer driver and I need to install it.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install a printer ( Brother DCP j132w ) but I can only find .deb and .rpm packages, with its respective source code. It contains C code, a ppd file and a wrapper. I've tried installing the ppd file in CUPS server but it doesn't work. I guess I have to build and install an AUR package using the C code, but my attempt hasn't been successfully at all.

Could anyone help me? I'm such a newbie.

PS: I've used yaourt and it doesn't exist any package for my printer model. I've installed a similar model's driver, but it is useless.

#2 2017-03-14 21:13:27

Lone_Wolf

Re: I have the souce code for a printer driver and I need to install it.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-03-15 11:28:46

Thymine

I knew that link, but I don't understand which steps I have to make. What I've tried so far is to copy the example and change paths, but I haven't any patch or install file...

#4 2017-03-15 11:51:17

Lone_Wolf

The idea is that you check what the patch & install file in aur brother-hl2030 package do and replicate that behaviour for the rpm-file used by your printer.

If you want to try that yourself but need help, start a thread in "AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests" (or ask for this thread to be moved there).

you should open with posting the PKGBUILD you are working on and the things you need help on.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer