You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-16 09:41:15

zaxdan69

[SOLVED]latest update(mar16) problems after crash

Hello,
I just update the system today(I update everyday the last weeks) and I had the problem with ca-sertificates. I deleted the symlink as suggested and I tried to update again. The update didn't completed because I'm using ck piledriver kernel and that repo has problems to download the files, so sometimes this happens. In the second time I tried the update when the last packages installed(was virtualbox-ck-guest and host modules), the pc stacked and even alt+sysrq REISUB didn't worked. So I manually reboot it from reset button.
After that I tried to boot and the ck kernel didn't boot at all(I get error that kernel didn't load). I tried to boot to normal linux kernel(which I have and update, but I never use it at all the last months), and I cannot run any application in desktop enviroment(same for lxqt, xfce, gnome), even terminal. After I login to tty console, I tried to update the system again, reinstall ck kernel and nvidia-ck, updated initramfs and grub, but the problem didn't solved. I've managed to boot whith ck kernel, but I dm or graphical enviroment doesn't load. With default kernel same as I described above.
I also get errors about networkmanager, samba, gvfs, cups, services which fail to load.
journalctl gives these related errors:

NetworkManager.service:Main proccess exited, code=exited  status=127n/a
org.cups.cupsd.service:Main proccess exited, code=exited  status=127n/a
nmbd.service:Control proccess exited, code=exited  status=127n/a
smbd.service:Control proccess exited, code=exited  status=127n/a
gvfs-daemon.service:Main proccess exited, code=exited  status=127n/a

What can I do to recover the system?

Last edited by zaxdan69 (2017-03-16 13:02:29)

#2 2017-03-16 10:30:58

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED]latest update(mar16) problems after crash

Stay away from grahpical environment for time being, instead boot to multi-user.target[1] and start investigating[2]

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … _boot_into
[2] : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … leshooting

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-03-16 13:02:10

zaxdan69

Re: [SOLVED]latest update(mar16) problems after crash

Thanks a lot, your suggestions were very helpful.
I found that nss and one more package caused the problem, by force reinstalling them the services loaded without errors.
Thanks again.

Last edited by zaxdan69 (2017-03-16 13:02:46)

Board footer