You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-18 02:15:54

devux

Trying to configure polybar on i3 - no monitors detected

So my monitors are usually called HDMI-1 and DVI-something-something. The HDMI is my left (Primary) and DVI is the right (Secondary).  When the computer starts it uses my left monitor as it should, but i have to move my mouse to the left to get it on the right screen. I can fix that by changing the settings in nvidia-settings but every time I reboot, it resets my settings. Still trying to fix that, anyway the main issue is that for some reason this install is different than the last, or i did something stupid in the past few hours.  My monitors aren't HDMI-1 and DVI-something-something. They are  DFP-3 and DFP-4.   

The other day, I had manjaro installed and they were as usual HDMI-1 and DVI-something-something. I had polybar installed and in the config set each bar to the right monitor. I am using the same settings but replaced the names to these new weird names yet aren't detected.  I tried setting them to the old names and that says they aren't detected now either. Anyone know what the problem could be? if you need more information just tell me what to run, I am still trying to learn linux.

Board footer