You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-18 22:19:16

DarkAlpha.Sete

GRUB doesn't show up, skipping right away to windows

(I want to dual boot with Windows 10)
So, today I wanted to get into the Arch Linux world (I have some Linux experience) and while installing everything went well until I got to the bootloader installation part... Basically now I have Arch on my disk(I guess???) but I cant boot into it, because GRUB doesn't show up... I probably messed something up... What can I do now? Is there at least any good tutorial to follow? (I used this one https://lifehacker.com/5680453/build-a- … he-process )

#2 2017-03-18 22:24:12

Zeox101

Re: GRUB doesn't show up, skipping right away to windows

Well, I don't know much myself but I can tell you two things.

anyone who replies to this thread is probably gonna tell you that these forums don't support any other installation guide/video other than the official one in the arch wiki :  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide  and would recommend that you follow it

and until someone can help you with your problem, you can possibly still boot into Arch if you press F2 on startup (Could be some other button, but its most likely F2 on most computers) you can get to the boot screen and you can override into Linux Boot Manager if you created a boot entry during your installation. Good Luck!

Last edited by Zeox101 (2017-03-18 22:29:00)

The Hidden Secret of Arch Linux Forums:
No.  No one here really uses archlinux.  Arch Sucks.
We're just a bunch of neckbeards who tinker with arch linux in our mom's basement during our free time ... which we have a lot of because we are unemployed. ~ Trilby

#3 2017-03-18 22:35:01

Slithery
Administrator

Re: GRUB doesn't show up, skipping right away to windows

That tutorial is 5 years old, and your wondering why it doesn't work???

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Board footer