You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-19 11:39:22

Kurolox

Background gets corrupted after resuming from sleep

This started to happen some time ago. Every time I resume from sleep, the background gets corrupted and looks like this. http://i.imgur.com/PD4RDhO.png

I can restore the background after it (either with nitrogen or with feh, both of them work) but it's quite annoying and I'm not sure what could be causing it.

I doubt that it's a GPU malfunction issue since it only happens after resume and I haven't noticed any other kind of issue regarding graphics since this started to happen.

I'm using i3wm and nvidia propietary drivers. I've tried creating a service with systemd that restores the background after sleep, but it didn't work. I can provide more info if needed, since I know that I'm being vague with the description.

Last edited by Kurolox (2017-03-19 11:40:36)

#2 2017-03-19 21:42:52

Ropid

Re: Background gets corrupted after resuming from sleep

I think this is caused by the current version of the NVIDIA drivers and will be fixed in a future version. Right now, I solved the problem by changing what the suspend shortcut in my i3 config is executing. I've added a "; ~/.fehbg" at the end of the original command line (that ~/.fehbg is a tiny script that feh creates when you are setting a background image). I mean, the original command line I used for suspend was something like "i3lock & systemctl suspend", and now it's something like "i3lock & systemctl suspend; ~/.fehbg".

Last edited by Ropid (2017-03-19 21:49:06)

Board footer