You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-23 21:14:59

kiwi937

System unresponsive after suspend

Whenever I suspend my machine it shows a black screen with no backlight (or keyboard backlight) and is unresponsive to any input. This happens no matter how I trigger the suspend -- through the desktop environment, closing the lid, systemctl suspend, echo mem > /sys/power/state. As far as I can tell this started with the update to kernel 4.10.4 but I also recently upgraded the hard drive and changed the partition scheme in the process (I now have / and /home on separate LVM logical volumes) so that may have triggered it somehow instead.

So far I've tried downgrading the kernel to the one I had running before (4.8.13), removing the autodetect hook from /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and rebuilding the initramfs, stopping the display manager and reloading xhci_pci and xhci_hcd. Mostly random fixes I've found online. As far as debugging goes I tried to follow this guide but I don't have a cable at hand to set up a serial console and I can't ssh in after suspending. Booting with the logging kernel parameters suggested in that guide journalctl still just shows 'Suspending system...' and nothing else past that.

Can anyone offer any ideas on what might be happening or how to go about debugging this problem?

Edit: This is on a MacBookAir7,2

Last edited by kiwi937 (2017-03-23 21:19:50)

Board footer