You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-24 14:43:58

kingdevil731

keyboard not working

hello everyone , it's a pleasure to meet you all , been using arch linux for about three months if not wrong , and loving every single moment.

i am facing an big issue in my keyboard [Already googled on how fix , how to repair the issue , but no result , even found threads/topics here in forum , but none helped]
Yesterday when i started my pc to work on my android project , it started everything how it use to start , but when was the time to put password , i was putting everything , but was seeing error wrong , so i entered slowly and saw the part of my keyboard is not working how it use to work

the key's that aren't working are " from key number one to nine , only five and six are working , left alt isn't working , and on the extra numbers part {Num lock related } two isn't working , down and right arrow aren't working also "

hope you guys can help me solve this issue , because is very annoying this issue .

Regards kingdevil731

n.b/p.s : moderator/admin if the thread / post is in wrong pace please move to correct , not sure which part i should have posted

#2 2017-03-24 16:09:10

c00ter

Re: keyboard not working

Considering what you have stated--especially some keys working, some not--it sounds as if a liquid may have been spilled on it. Certainly you would know if that happened?

Or a cat?

Regards

EDIT: P.S. Welcome to the Arch Linux  Forums! big_smile

Last edited by c00ter (2017-03-24 16:10:15)

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

#3 2017-03-24 20:37:57

kingdevil731

c00ter wrote:

Considering what you have stated--especially some keys working, some not--it sounds as if a liquid may have been spilled on it. Certainly you would know if that happened?

Or a cat?

Regards

EDIT: P.S. Welcome to the Arch Linux  Forums! big_smile

not entirely sure if liquid entered , because i kind of keep liquid away , but will consider checking that out , you think at any choice it be software related ? or we can go surely it is hardware related ?

#4 2017-03-25 01:06:30

c00ter

I seems odd that only certain keys are dead, and not the whole thing, that is true. There is a possibility, maybe good, of file corruption if by 'starting' your laptop you meant resuming from sleep or hibernation. That, and a physical hardware problem possibly related to moisture are the only two things I can think of. I've killed a laptop with Diet Dr. Pepper.

Regards

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

Board footer