You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-29 11:55:42

mis

[Solved] packaging libcurl-compat build against openssl-1.0

The Spotify package on AUR needs libcurl-compat build against openssl-1.0.
Currently libcurl-compat in [testing] is build against openssl-1.1.0, so Spotify will not work anymore when libcurl-compat will be moved from [testing] to [community].

One Solution would be to not update libcurl-compat. (not so good I think).

I was able to build libcurl-compat against openssl-1.0

pkgname=libcurl-compat-openssl-1.0
conflicts=('libcurl-compat')

So all is needed is changing spotify dependency from libcurl-compat to libcurl-compat-openssl-1.0.
That should be ok as long as you have no other packages installed that depend on libcurl-compat. (build against openssl-1.1.0)

I thought about adding

provides=('libcurl-compat')

But that may break packages that depend on libcurl-compat build against openssl-1.1.0 ?

Installing in parrallel does not work because both libcurl-compat and libcurl-compat-openssl-1.0 contain the same symlinks

/usr/lib/libcurl.so.3
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.0.0
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.1.0
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.2.0
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.3.0

pointing to the libcurl-compat library.

Any ideas how this could be solved to have both installed at the same time?
As mentioned above I think adding provides=('libcurl-compat') is not a good idea.

Edit:
Uploaded a version that conflicts with libcurl-compat to AUR. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libc … enssl-1.0/
Maybe useful for some Spotify users when libcurl-compat-7.53.1-1 enters [community].

Last edited by mis (2017-03-30 10:38:36)

#2 2017-03-29 19:12:12

TheChickenMan

Re: [Solved] packaging libcurl-compat build against openssl-1.0

This is probably going to require changing around some of the files in libcurl-compat such that there won't be a file conflict and they can be installed at the same time. This libcurl-compat-openssl-1.0 would be a compatibility version of a compatibility version.

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

#3 2017-03-29 19:38:44

progandy

I wonder if software that requires an old curl version would be able to function with a new openssl? The only official consumer of curl-compat is steam. I rather think that games that are compiled with an old curl are also using an older openssl.

Last edited by progandy (2017-03-29 19:39:39)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#4 2017-03-30 10:37:59

mis

I uploaded a package that does not conflict with libcurl-compat, it just installs the library build against openssl-1.0, not the compatibility links.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libcurl-openssl-1.0/

The goal was to keep spotify working when the libcurl-comapt version that is build against openssl-1.1 hits [community].
That can be achieved with the libcurl-openssl-1.0 package and changing the spotify start script.

export LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 -> export LD_PRELOAD=libcurl-openssl-1.0.so

Filed a deletion request for libcurl-compat-openssl-1.0 and asked the spotify maintainer to apply the changes.
Marking as solved.

Last edited by mis (2017-03-30 10:40:16)

Board footer