You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-02 02:27:04

vietphi

Help to make pkgbuild driver Brother HL1230W !!

Here is my original topic >> Trying to add printer brother but didn't work

So the solution is to make a new pkgbuild driver for Brother HL1230W but I'm just a newbie and not experience with this before and I need some of your help.

I reviewed the pkgbuild and the rpm file structure of brother-hl2030 ( because it has the same structure of hl1230)

So why there is 3 md5 line instead of 2(2 sources file) and where is ppd and blrpdwrapperHL2030? in the end of pkgbuild?

install -m 644 -D ppd_file "$pkgdir/usr/share/cups/model/HL2030.ppd"
  install -m 755 -D wrapper "$pkgdir/usr/lib/cups/filter/brlpdwrapperHL2030"

Last edited by vietphi (2017-04-02 02:27:45)

#2 2017-04-07 07:40:45

olive

Re: Help to make pkgbuild driver Brother HL1230W !!

To create Archlinux package, see the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/creating_packages

Now a few words if the only things you want is having your printer working. First, some brother driver uses hard coded paths and relocating the files cause problems. Some AUR package has not taken that into account.

If you don't want to bother creating a whole new package, you can simply manage to install the rpm in Archlinux. rpm-org (take this one, not rpm) is provided in the AUR and you can then install them via rpm -i <rpm package> (maybe with the --nodeps option). Alternatively, extract the rpm files with bsdtar (for example) and put the files in the right places. Something like this should work:

bsdtar -C / -xf <rpm file> 

but better to extract the rpm in a separate directory first and check that it contains no conflicting files. rpm can contain post-install scripts, but these are probably not necessary for the Brother driver.
Note that the PKGBUILD is mainly a script that automates the above step (and put the result in an arch package).

A last word: The CUPS interface may in some case not propose you the provided ppd. Just add it manually (use the option "provide ppd" in the interface).

Board footer