You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-02 16:11:13

l0b0
Website

Can't print on Canon PIXMA MG6450 via WiFi

I have a Canon MG6450 with WiFi enabled and an up-to-date Arch Linux installation on my desktop and laptop. I have tried several things to be able to print via WiFi. The current state is that I'm able to submit printer jobs, but they are blackholed by something. CUPS says they've "completed", but the printer gives no indication of ever having received them. I _am_ able to print via USB from the laptop, but moving the desktop over is not practical.

#2 2017-04-03 15:08:35

Lone_Wolf

Re: Can't print on Canon PIXMA MG6450 via WiFi

A simple way to test if cups really connects with the printer is to use administration > manage printers
select the printer entry, click the administration menu , select "set default options" .

Many cups users don't realise it, but that option connects to the physical printer device to retrieve it's options .
If those options are shown, cups is configured correctly to connect with the printer.
(When a printer changes ip-addresses, cups often doesn't realise the device no longer exists at the configured address.)

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2017-04-03 15:08:50)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer